EZ BioResearch Bacteria Science Kit (IV): Top Science Fair Project Kit. Prepoured LB-Agar Plates And Cotton Swabs. Exclusive Free Science Fair Project E-Book Packed With Award Winning Experiments.
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 6.3 x 6.2 inches
- Item Weight: 1.04 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 1.05 pounds
- Manufacturer recommended age: 5 years and up
- BIOTECH QUALITY, FRESH AND READY-TO-USE: Factory-direct fresh 10 100-mm Pre-poured sterile LB-agar plates and 10 sterile 6-inch long swabs (in 5 pouches). Our plates are manufactured using the biotech GMP standards. Each plate has a fresh and thick layer of agar. Fresh plates promote faster and more bacterial growth as compared to aged stored plates. Re-sealable packaging convenient for re-use.
- FREE SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT E-BOOK: Packed with easy-to-do experiments with clear step-by-step instruction to help you winning science fair competition. Experiments range from testing simple 5 second rule to evaluating the effectiveness of antibacterial agents. Tips and advices are provided to avoid common mistakes.
- PEACE OF MIND: Any question? No worry. You will receive immediate live support with PhD scientists with extensive hands-on experience. A toll-free 800 number is provided. Before you buy or try, check out the vendor to see whether it has a telephone number or a physical address.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION: LB stands for Luria Broth, a nutritionally rich medium, which is one of the most common media used in the laboratories worldwide. LB medium is recommended safe for student use, whereas Tryptic Soy Agar medium is NOT suitable for student use due to its ability to amplify blood-born pathogenic bacteria. KIT CONTENT: 1) 10x Pre-poured sterile LB-agar plates (100 x 15 mm Petri Dish) 2) 10x 6-inch sterile cotton swabs (2 per pouch)3) Detailed Instruction4) Free Science Fair Project E-BookLB agar plates should be placed in a refrigerator upon arrival. LB-agar plates stored under such conditions have a minimum shelf life of 3 months. BRIEF INSTRUCTION: 1) Take out one sterile cotton swab. Gently wipe a test area with the cotton swab to pick up bacteria. Here are some of the popular samples of the test objects: human or pet teeth, hands, phone, TV remote, restaurant menu, sink, floor, fruit, vegetable etc. 2) Take out one of the agar plates (No warm-up is needed). Open the agar plate and gently streak the agar plate with the cotton swab to transfer the bacteria onto the surface of the agar plate. 3) Cover the agar plate and place it in an upside-down position in an incubator with a temperature between 85 and 100 oF. A desk lamp or a portable heater can be used as a heat source. 4) Watch appearance of small bacterial colonies on the surface of the agar plates after 12-48 hr of incubation. LIVE TECHNICAL SUPPORT: EZ Prepoured LB agar plates are backed by our 100% money back guarantee. If more technical assistance is needed, we not only provide you with an email address, but also a telephone number to talk to our friendly laboratory tech support.