Hydronix CB-25-1001 Universal Reverse Osmosis & Drinking Systems Coconut Carbon Block Water Filter, 2.5 x 10-1 Micron
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.5 x 2.5 x 10 inches; 15.2 Ounces
- Item model number : CB-25-1001
- Date First Available : October 2, 2010
- Manufacturer : Hydronix
- Best Sellers Rank: #61,946 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific) #34 in Industrial Process Filter Bags #965 in Replacement Under-Sink Water Filters
- #34 in Industrial Process Filter Bags
- #965 in Replacement Under-Sink Water Filters
- Customer Reviews: 4.5 out of 5 stars 41 ratings
- Carbon block filter for a water filtration system
- 2.5" OD and an overall length of 9-7/8"
- Coconut shell carbon filter media with polypropylene outer/inner wrap, end caps and netting
- Particle retention size of 1 micron
- Meets ANSI/NSF Standard 42 certification for material requirements only
This Hydronix CB-25-1001 carbon block filter has a particle retention size of 1 micron, and is suitable for drinking water filtration applications. It has coconut shell activated carbon filter media to reduce unpleasant taste and odor from drinking water. This filter has a 2.5" outside diameter (OD) and an overall length of 9-7/8". It has an operating temperature range of 40 to 180 degrees F, and a maximum pressure rating of 250 pounds per square inch (psi). This carbon block filter is certified by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) Standard 42 for material requirements only, and is suitable for use in water dispensing applications where higher chlorine levels are present.Water filters remove undesirable particles, chemicals, and microorganisms from water by means of a semipermeable barrier, adsorption, or biological processes. They are made of densely packed synthetic or natural fibers that trap suspended particles, materials that block microbes or adsorb unwanted chemicals, or substances that cause a chemical change, such as acid neutralization. For most residential, commercial, and industrial applications, water filters are manufactured in the form of replaceable cartridges that fit inside permanent housings. Filtration systems typically consist of a series of two or more types of filters, each designed to remove different contaminants. The performance of filters is measured by the minimum particle size that is blocked, the percentage of particles or microorganisms that are removed, the downstream concentration of unwanted chemicals, the maximum flow rate, and the amount of water that can be filtered before the filter must be replaced. Water filters are used in a wide range of applications, including drinking water purification, swimming pools, industrial processes, and irrigation, among others.Hydronix Water Technology is a supplier of water filtration, purification and separation products. The company, founded in 2010, is headquartered in Chino Hills, CA.