Jack Richeson Shiva Oil Paintstik, Colonial Colors, Set of 6
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 6 x 1 inches
- Item model number: 121304
- Item Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Manufacturer: Jack Richeson & Co., Inc.
- Date First Available: February 24, 2007
- Manufactured in the u.s.a.
- No offensive odor, rich creamy buttery consistancy. easy clean up : soap, water, baby wipes
- Compatable with other oil paints and mediums
- Most Colors Dry Within 24 Hours
- Perfect for underpainting, fabric arts, craft projects, stenciling
When you're ready to start your next oil painting, pick up Shiva pianistic artist colors instead of a brush. Manufactured in the united states, paintstiks are ideal for sketching and outlining, Shiva pianistic artist colors are refined linseed oil blended with a quality pigment and solidified into a convenient stick form. Paintstiks can be spread or blended and used in conjunction with conventional oil paint. There are no unpleasant odors or fumes, so you can virtually paint anywhere, at any time, on almost any surface from paper to panel to fabric. Paintstiks are “self-sealing”. That is, they form a protective film so the color won't rub off or dry out. Yet they always stay moist and fresh, providing an indefinite shelf life because they reseal in 24 hours. This film is easily removed by peeling it away with a paper towel, or rubbing it off gently. It can also be removed by carefully paring it with a knife (it can be sharpened to a point in this matter). When the stick has begun to wear to the edge of the sleeve, simply loosen the sleeve from the oil stick at the seam, open the sleeve and push the stick forward. Press the sleeve around the oil stick again and repeat the peeling process as needed. Remember that Shiva pianistic artist colors are oil color, the same as tube oils, so all the same techniques, mediums and surfaces can be used including varnishes. Paintstiks are available in 55 professional colors, 22 iridescent and 12 student colors.